How do sleep disorders affect the body?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Sleep disorders can affect the body in many ways. If you are not getting adequate sleep, you may feel very tired during the day. You may also feel irritable, have trouble concentrating or remembering things, and get headaches. Sleep disorders can also cause stress and anxiety, and can even lead to a weakened immune system, which may lead to illness.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

How Lung Cancer Can Impact Sleep and What to do About It
Sleep is essential to good health, and adequate amounts of sleep are important to cognitive function, cardiovascular health, energy levels, cellular r...
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest. Are you a chronic sleep skimper? Short sleep can throw off your two appetite-regulating hormones (ghrel...
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?
Should I Talk to My Doctor About My Sleep Disorder Symptoms?