How can sleep-disordered breathing affect children?

Sleep-disordered breathing is a problem among children -- even very young children. This news reveals some of the negative consequences of untreated sleep-disordered breathing in children: In a study of the sleep, breathing and behavioral development of more than 11,000 children, researchers at Yeshiva University's Albert Einstein College of Medicine have found that those children with sleep disordered breathing were more likely to develop behavioral problems and emotional problems, and also to have greater difficulty with peer relationships.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

A Good Reason to Stay in Bed
A Good Reason to Stay in Bed
Is your sleep quality kind of poor? Then go ahead and sleep in. Research shows it might be best for your health. Yep, a study links poor sleep to a g...
Are medication or non-medication remedies better for sleep problems?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Generally, many people seek non-medication treatments for sleep disorders before using medication, t...
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest.
Can a Lack of Adequate Sleep Harm My Health?