How should I prepare for a doctor's visit for a sleep disorder?

The best thing you can do to prepare for your doctor's appointment for your sleep disorder is to keep a sleep diary. In it, record what time you went to bed and woke up, the quality of your sleep, what time period you spent awake and what you did, the food you ate before bed, and your feelings and moods at bedtime.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

The Yard Item That Offers Sleep Help
The Yard Item That Offers Sleep Help
Need a nap but just can't seem to drift off? Then head out to your yard and take a swing in your hammock. Turns out rocking isn't just for infants. N...
How safe are OTC medications for sleep problems in people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications for sleep in people with dementia are the most accessible sleep m...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
Should I Talk to My Doctor About My Sleep Disorder Symptoms?