How common is sleep-disordered breathing in children?

A recent study found sleep-disordered breathing in children as young as six months. Observing children ages 6 months to 6.75 years, the study found:
  • Chronic sleep apnea among 1-2% of children at all age levels
  • "Habitual" snoring among as many as 21% of children
  • An increase in the frequency of snoring in children between the ages of 1.5 and 2.5 years
  • Mouth breathing in 25% of children by the age of 6

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Easy Tip for Good Sleep
Easy Tip for Good Sleep
What time do you shower? Your answer could have an effect on how well you sleep. For good sleep, you should shower -- and perform all your daily acti...
How are night terrors treated?
Generally, treatments do not specifically target night terrors. If your episodes are related to anot...
I Had Too Many Restless Nights—Until I Did This
I Had Too Many Restless Nights—Until I Did ThisI Had Too Many Restless Nights—Until I Did ThisI Had Too Many Restless Nights—Until I Did ThisI Had Too Many Restless Nights—Until I Did This
All I wanted was seven solid hours of sleep. And I actually got it.
Should I Talk to My Doctor About My Sleep Disorder Symptoms?