What can I do if I find evidence of my nighttime snacking?

Judy Caplan

Sometimes people wake up in the night and eat but are unaware that they are doing it until they see evidence in the morning. If you do not intentionally want to eat in the night, you may have metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is the combination of high blood pressure, diabetes, and elevated cholesterol and other blood lipids. If this sounds like you, make an appointment with your health care provider to see if your nighttime eating is from habit or disease.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

How Nightcaps Can Rob You of Sleep
How Nightcaps Can Rob You of Sleep
“O gentle sleep … how have I frightened thee that thou no more will weigh my eyelids down?” Shakespeare’s 17 th century lament on lost sleep surely hi...
5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better
5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better
Here's an important strategy to live younger and longer: Get enough sleep. Insomnia -- or even just getting less than 6 hours of good sleep a night --...
5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work
5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work
These natural sleep aids can help you find peaceful slumber. How many nights do you stare at the ceiling hoping to fall asleep – or wake up at 3 a.m. ...
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?