How many adults could be sleep eaters?

Imagine waking up to find a trail of cookie crumbs on the floor and empty food containers littering the kitchen counter and you had no idea how they got there. Either Hansel and Gretel broke into the house or someone is playing a practical joke on you.

Or, you have a bonafide sleep disorder that causes sufferers to eat voraciously while they sleep.

Up to 1 million adults could be sleep eaters, a possible contributing cause of obesity. In fact, a good percentage of patients who attend obesity clinics have been diagnosed with a sleep-eating condition.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Sweet Dreams Without Sleeping Pills
Sweet Dreams Without Sleeping Pills
Madonna admits, "… I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia…" Seems the lady who crooned Bedtime Story hasn’t discovered how to get 40 winks. And then there’...
What are the signs of sleep deprivation in children?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Watch as Dr. Michael Breus explains the various signs of sleep deprivation in children.  
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest.
What Should I Know Before Using Melatonin Supplements?