Why is sleep deprivation more serious for teenagers than adults?

Sleep deprivation clouds judgment and diminishes self-control and willpower. It affects mood, energy and outlook. This is also true for adults, but for teenagers, whose brains are still developing (and whose social and emotional skills are as well), the challenges of sleep deprivation are particularly serious.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
What should I do if I wake up at night and can't fall back asleep?
Thomas Freedom, MDThomas Freedom, MD
If you are not able to fall back asleep within a short period of time (longer than 20 minutes), ...
How can I fit a nap into my day?
Ann Scritsmier , NASM Elite TrainerAnn Scritsmier , NASM Elite Trainer
That's a tough question to answer without more information - such as what you do for a living, etc.....
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?