Why should I limit my teen's use of technology before bedtime?

Teenagers are almost twice as likely as their parents to use something like their phones before bed; over half of the teenagers in a poll said that they text right before bed. Some people send so many text messages right before bed that they even begin to text in their sleep!

How often do you use a smartphone or computer right before bed or even in bed? Do you think it may be impacting your quality of sleep or your ability to fall asleep? If so, try limiting your use before bedtime and put the computer and phone to bed in another room and see if that helps. If you have a teenager in the house, try to limit their use of their cell phones as much as possible before bedtime. The poll also showed that teenagers are the most tired group, and most sleep specialists recommend teenagers get as close to 9 hours of sleep a night as possible. Institute an electronic curfew for everyone.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

How Can I Improve My Teen's Sleep Habits?
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?