Why is a good sleep important?

Your body needs time to rest and regenerate, and getting enough ZZZZs will give you more energy and make your waking hours more productive and enjoyable. Sleeping just two hours less than normal impairs your judgment and reaction time to the same extent as a blood alcohol level of 0.12. This level is 50 percent higher than the level at which most states say drivers are inebriated. And you need your sleep to prevent aging of your immune system. So, enjoy a full night's sleep every night. It can make your RealAge (physiologic age) at least three years younger.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Do my meal times affect my sleep?
When you eat is as important as what you eat for a peaceful night. Eating late at night forces y...
How do sleep patterns change with age?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
Sleeping patterns at various ages are given as follows: Newborns sleep 18 hours a day and spend 50 ...
Why do I sleep better on a beach vacation?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Here are a few of my ideas:  1. The environment. Remember you are on vacation. This in and of it...
Can sleeping well help me live longer?
A study in the journal Sleep indicates that sleep factors big time into one’s quality of life an...