Why should I get up at the same time every day?

Carol Ash, DO
Pulmonary Disease
It's important to wake up at the same time every day because it helps set biorhythms and the sleep/wake cycle properly. In this video, I will discuss sleep hygiene, sleep debt and the benefits of napping. 
Make every effort to stick to a regular wake-up schedule, even on weekends -- or at least rise within one hour of the time you get up during the week. This will help set your body's circadian rhythm -- or internal clock -- and train you to stay on schedule even if your rhythms happen to wander, say, when you're traveling.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
How do a woman's sleep patterns change with age?
As a woman gets older, she doesn't need less sleep, but she often gets less sleep. That's because he...
Why is it important for children to get enough sleep?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Sleep is important for kids because it allows the body to re-energize and recharge itself. The brain...
How Can I Improve My Teen's Sleep Habits?