What lifestyle changes can I make to get better sleep?

To improve your sleep, try exercise. All exercise helps you sleep as long as it's done three hours before bedtime. But brain scans show that fitting in fitness around 7 a.m. helps you spend 75% more time in deep sleep than later-day workouts do -- and you cycle through the stages of sleep more often. Hitting all four sleep stages several times keeps your energy high, your mind sharp and your body looking good.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Tell Me Why…I Dream
Tell Me Why…I Dream
You’re in class and the teacher announces a surprise test. You haven’t studied, done homework or even been to class for weeks—and you may or may not b...
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
How Can I Improve My Teen's Sleep Habits?
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?