Is it healthy if I don't sleep for eight hours a night?

Ellen Rome, MD
Pediatrics
The standard recommendation of eight hours of sleep a night may not be for everyone. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Rome advise early risers on what is a healthy amount of sleep.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
What can I do if my bed partner is a night owl, but I am an early bird?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
If you and your bed partner have different sleep schedules, the early bird can wear eyeshades and ea...
What are some effects of sleep deprivation?
Dr. Christopher E. Morgan, MDDr. Christopher E. Morgan, MD
The scourge of sleep deprivation affects millions of Americans and causes a bevy of potential conseq...
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?