What steps can be taken to improve the sleeping habits in teenagers?

The best thing that a parent can do is to try and educate their teen on how important sleep is for them academically, physically, and even socially. 

Adopt appropriate sleep hygiene patterns. This would involve setting a regular sleep schedule, restricting the use of caffeine or nicotine, keeping a bedroom appropriate as sleep environment (cool, dark, and quiet), trying not to engage in activities before bed that could keep them from sleeping (TV, texting, etc.), and knowing when they are too tired to perform a particular activity (i.e., driving).

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

How Can a Food Curfew Help Me Get a Good Night's Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?