Why is it important for children to get enough sleep?

Making sure children get enough sleep is one of the basic components of a good health plan. When you’re well rested, you’re so much more productive and aware. Sleeping disorders throw the body out of balance and disrupt sensitive systems, which can affect mood, performance in school, and a host of other things.

From Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Take the RealAge Test!

Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children

When kids start going on TV binges or devouring fistfuls of cookies, it's easy to say, "They'll grow out of it." More likely, they're acquiring bad habits that could lead to childhood obesity and...

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

How Can I Improve My Teen's Sleep Habits?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
What Can I Do to Avoid Waking Up at Night After Falling Asleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?