How can lack of sleep affect my child's weight?

Researchers in New Zealand working with children ages 3 to 7 found that additional sleep reduced the children’s risk of becoming overweight and led to lower body mass index (BMI). Helping kids to develop strong sleeping habits from a young age is a long-term investment in their health and can help protect them from a host of health risks associated with obesity.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Tell Me Why…I Dream
Tell Me Why…I Dream
You’re in class and the teacher announces a surprise test. You haven’t studied, done homework or even been to class for weeks—and you may or may not b...
Who will benefit from sleeping in a semi sitting position?
Sleeping on your back is not good for you or your bed partner, who may have to endure every snort an...
Should night owls try to become early birds?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Most of us know whether we’re a lark who likes to beat the sunrise, or an owl who prefers to work by...
What Can I Do to Avoid Waking Up at Night After Falling Asleep?