How can I improve my sleep patterns?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
To help improve your sleep patterns, make it a habit to begin to dim the lights in your house and lower volume of radios and televisions about one hour before your scheduled bed time. You may also wish to put a dim light on a timer to turn on about 30 to 60 minutes before you want to get up each morning, so your brain has time to prepare for waking up before the alarm blares.
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
Can the full moon cause me to miss sleep?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Are you having trouble sleeping? You can blame the full moon, as one recent study does—or a dozen sl...
How can extra sleep help my heart?
Next time you feel guilty about sleeping in, just remember you’re doing your heart a favor. If y...
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?