How can getting enough sleep help me lose weight?

Sleep is a powerful tool for weight management. Getting sufficient sleep -- for most of us that means 7-8 hours a night -- can help keep your appetite in check, curb cravings, and reduce late-night noshing. The problem is that many of us just aren’t getting that much sleep on a regular basis. And sleep deficiency can make controlling weight much more difficult.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
Can sleeping well help me live longer?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
A study in the journal Sleep indicates that sleep factors big time into one’s quality of life an...
Do my meal times affect my sleep?
When you eat is as important as what you eat for a peaceful night. Eating late at night forces y...
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?