Do men and women sleep differently?

Research suggests that men and women do have basic, biological differences in their sleep. These differences offer up specific types of protection -- women seem to weather mild sleep deprivation better than men, whereas men appear to be somewhat less vulnerable to sleep disorders. The differences in the way men and women sleep also make each more vulnerable to certain risks.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Tell Me Why…I Dream
Tell Me Why…I Dream
You’re in class and the teacher announces a surprise test. You haven’t studied, done homework or even been to class for weeks—and you may or may not b...
Who will benefit from sleeping in a semi sitting position?
Sleeping on your back is not good for you or your bed partner, who may have to endure every snort an...
How do sleep patterns change with age?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
Sleeping patterns at various ages are given as follows: Newborns sleep 18 hours a day and spend 50 ...
Why is it important for children to get enough sleep?
Making sure children get enough sleep is one of the basic components of a good health plan. When you...