Do men and women sleep differently?

Research suggests that men and women do have basic, biological differences in their sleep. These differences offer up specific types of protection -- women seem to weather mild sleep deprivation better than men, whereas men appear to be somewhat less vulnerable to sleep disorders. The differences in the way men and women sleep also make each more vulnerable to certain risks.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
Why is it important for children to get enough sleep?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Sleep is important for kids because it allows the body to re-energize and recharge itself. The brain...
Why do I sleep better on a beach vacation?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Here are a few of my ideas:  1. The environment. Remember you are on vacation. This in and of it...
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?