Do my meal times affect my sleep?

When you eat is as important as what you eat for a peaceful night. Eating late at night forces your body and brain to be digesting instead of resting. Avoid eating 3 hours before you go to bed.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Tell Me Why…I Dream
Tell Me Why…I Dream
You’re in class and the teacher announces a surprise test. You haven’t studied, done homework or even been to class for weeks—and you may or may not b...
How are sleep and human growth hormone (HGH) linked?
Leslie Bonci, MPHLeslie Bonci, MPH
One reason sleep is so crucial to health is that you produce human growth hormone (HGH) while yo...
What can I do if my bed partner is a night owl, but I am an early bird?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
If you and your bed partner have different sleep schedules, the early bird can wear eyeshades and ea...
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?