What is apnea of prematurity?

Sometimes, a premature baby stops breathing for short periods of time. This is known as apnea. Apnea is often accompanied by a slower-than-normal heart rate (bradycardia). Apnea and bradycardia may be associated with desaturation, which means a low level of oxygen in the blood.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea

Sleep Apnea and Depression
Sleep Apnea and Depression
A low-pressure cell walks into an isobar in the Bahamas. The result: A tropical depression. Know what else causes depression? Obstructive sleep apnea ...
How is sleep apnea in children treated?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Sleep apnea in children can be treated by removal of the tonsils and adenoids among other methods.
What should I do if I think I have sleep apnea?
If you think you have sleep apnea, you should make an appointment with your doctor  to discuss it. M...
What Is Sleep Apnea?
What Is Sleep Apnea?