What should I do if I think I have sleep apnea?

If you think you have sleep apnea, you should make an appointment with your doctor  to discuss it. Many people could benefit from a sleep study to be evaluated for sleep apnea, but they will need to talk with their doctor prior to setting this up.
If you snore or have other symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), it’s time to have a conversation with your doctor about an evaluation for OSA. A diagnosis of sleep apnea always starts with a conversation with your physician. In some cases, the process may also include a stay at a sleep clinic or sleeping at home with a monitor that measures disruptions to breathing.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea

This Sleep Disorder Can Take Years Off Your Life
In September 2016, a train crashed into a station in Hoboken, New Jersey, killing one person and injuring more than 100. According to a CBS/AP news re...
Have the number of sleep apnea cases increased?
Steven C. Smart, MDSteven C. Smart, MD
We have noticed a dramatic increase in sleep apnea cases. Five years ago it was stated that betw...
How can I tell if my partner really has sleep apnea?
One of the common signs of sleep apnea is excessive snoring. You may notice your partner snoring and...
What Is Sleep Apnea?
What Is Sleep Apnea?