Should I be worried about my snoring?

You may need to have your snoring evaluated. If you have daytime sleepiness or wake without feeling rested in the morning you may have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea means you stop breathing at times during sleep, but it can cause other serious problems such as high blood pressure. Sleep apnea can be treated, so don’t worry, ask your doctor.
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Emergency Medicine
If you wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air or keep your partner awake due to snoring, you may have sleep apnea. In this video, Darria Gillespie, MD, MBA, an emergency room physician at Emory University Hospital, explains.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea

Wake Up to the Worries and Cures of Sleep Apnea
Walruses groan, hogs grunt, tigers snarl. But those guttural noises can’t compare to the heart-stopping, brain-dinging, sleep-robbing snorts, gasps an...
Can my primary care physician diagnose and treat me for sleep apnea?
Phil WestbrookPhil Westbrook
Yes, in most cases your primary care physician will be able to diagnose and treat you for sleep apne...
How is sleep apnea in children treated?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Sleep apnea in children can be treated by removal of the tonsils and adenoids among other methods.
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?