Where can I purchase an oral appliance therapy product for sleep apnea?

An oral appliance for sleep apnea is a device that is used to treat a potentially life threatening condition and is best purchased from a dentist that has training and experience treating sleep apnea. A dentist with these credentials will be able to maximize the results and comfort of the appliance.

There are devices advertised on the TV and internet but these have not been FDA approved for sleep apnea, only snoring. They are not custom made and less comfortable than a custom made device.

There are scientific studies indicating the devices for snoring are less effective at treating sleep apnea than a custom made device.

Dante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The best place to purchase an oral appliance for the treatment of sleep apnea is from your local dentist or dental specialist. It is important to check with your dentist to make sure that he or she is familiar with the treatment of sleep apnea. You also want to make sure the appliance that you are using is an FDA approved appliance for the treatment of sleep apnea. In most mild to moderate sleep apnea cases, an oral appliance is just as effective as a CPAP machine.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

Can CPAP therapy reduce pain for people with obstructive sleep apnea?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
One of the most effective remedies for sleep apnea -- continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)...
What is the Pillar procedure?
Craig L. Schwimmer, MDCraig L. Schwimmer, MD
The Pillar Procedure is an FDA approved treatment for both snoring and mild-to-moderate sleep apnea....
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?