Is there a mouthpiece that helps with sleep apnea?

Scott M. Leibowitz, MD
Sleep Medicine

There are a number of approved dental devices that can help treat mild to moderate sleep apnea. Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Scott Leibowitz about mouthpieces that help with sleep apnea.

There are currently over 70 different mouthpieces to treat obstructive sleep apnea. Although they all work by holding the jaw forward during sleep, there are some differences.

The differences between them include: is it custom made or one size fits all, is it adjustable or non-adjustable, is it FDA approved for sleep apnea or just snoring, what type of mechanism is used to advance the lower jaw, how comfortable is it, and what is the cost?

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for complex sleep apnea?
There are few or no proven alternative treatments recommended for complex sleep apnea. But since man...
Where can I purchase an oral appliance therapy product for sleep apnea?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
The best place to purchase an oral appliance for the treatment of sleep apnea is from your local den...
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?