Is there a mouthpiece that helps with sleep apnea?

There are currently over 70 different mouthpieces to treat obstructive sleep apnea. Although they all work by holding the jaw forward during sleep, there are some differences.

The differences between them include: is it custom made or one size fits all, is it adjustable or non-adjustable, is it FDA approved for sleep apnea or just snoring, what type of mechanism is used to advance the lower jaw, how comfortable is it, and what is the cost?

Scott M. Leibowitz, MD
Sleep Medicine

There are a number of approved dental devices that can help treat mild to moderate sleep apnea. Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Scott Leibowitz about mouthpieces that help with sleep apnea.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

Is surgery a good therapy option for obstructive sleep apnea?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Surgical therapies are not as effective in treating sleep apnea as continuous positive airway pressu...
How effective is CPAP therapy for sleep apnea?
CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) therapy is the best treatment for obstructive sleep apnea...
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?