How can I choose a continuous positive airway pressure machine mask?

A continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine requires wearing a mask over the nose and uses air blown through a tube to continuously maintain an open airway during sleep. The machine is the most effective treatment for sleep apnea and should be worn anytime you sleep (day or night).
When choosing a CPAP mask, be sure to find one that fits you well. There are many masks available. Some fit over the nose; some fit over the nose and mouth. If the mask is uncomfortable, you will not want to wear it. And most people who give up on CPAP do so because the mask is uncomfortable. You may need to try more than one to find the best fit for you.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Treatment

What is dental sleep medicine?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Dental sleep medicine is an area of dentistry that focuses on using oral appliances to treat sleep-d...
How can I prevent a CPAP machine from interfering with sex?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
My answer (and I don’t think this is all that revolutionary): schedule sex before bringing out the C...
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
How Is Sleep Apnea Treated?
Is There a Mouthpiece That Helps with Sleep Apnea?