Does sleep apnea occur more in women after menopause?

Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a sleep disorder usually thought of as a condition reserved for overweight men. But two to five percent of middle-aged women have OSA, too, most likely due to the increase in overweight and obese people. And unfortunately, women are about three times more likely to have OSA after menopause than before.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Causes

What are the risk factors for sleep apnea?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Although anyone can have sleep apnea, the greater risk factors include:Being maleSmokingBeing overwe...
What is the relationship between sleep apnea and weight?
Weight gain can increase your risk for obstructive sleep apnea. The additional fat tissue that devel...
What is the link between sleep apnea and nitric oxide?
Sleep apnea, a condition in which you stop breathing during sleep, inhibits the absorption of nitric...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?