Does sleep apnea occur more in women after menopause?

Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a sleep disorder usually thought of as a condition reserved for overweight men. But two to five percent of middle-aged women have OSA, too, most likely due to the increase in overweight and obese people. And unfortunately, women are about three times more likely to have OSA after menopause than before.

Continue Learning about Sleep Apnea Causes

What is the relationship between sleep apnea and weight?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
If you are overweight or obese, weight loss might help improve or eliminate your sleep apnea symptom...
What increases my risk for complex sleep apnea?
Having obstructive sleep apnea can sometimes lead to developing complex apnea. Factors that raise yo...
What are the big risk factors for sleep apnea?
The big risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea include: being overweight or obese having a l...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?