What are the surgical procedures for tightening up loose skin?

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD
Plastic Surgery
The most common surgical procedures for tightening up loose skin are tummy tucks, and arm lifts to remove bat wings. In this video, plastic surgeon Stephen T. Greenberg, MD, discusses the areas of the body he performs skin removal procedures on.
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Contouring of the inner and outer thighs may require lifting the thighs by removing skin and fat from either the inner and/or outer or both areas. These are procedures that can be associated with massive amounts of scarring, but many patients feel it is a worthy trade-off.

Surgeries that can help with the arms include brachioplasty, which is simply the removal of skin and fat, mostly skin, from the elbow to the upper arm region. This is one area that can look particularly bad if not done well, so be sure the surgeon you are choosing is well trained in this area. Once again, these scars can be quite thick, and some patients may be displeased with them. It is very important that the patient be completely realistic as to their expectations and to the trade-offs associated with a better shape and form.

A massive panniculectomy is associated with removal of mass amounts of skin and fat from the abdomen. Liposuction is usually performed on the hip areas at the same time as the panniculectomy is performed, in order to help narrow the sides of the torso and mid-abdominal area.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Skin Tightening Treatments

Do body wraps work to get rid of saggy skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Body wraps feel great and add water to the skin which has a temporary effect of making the skin feel...
How can I get rid of turkey neck with cosmetic treatments?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Most telltale turkey necks are past the point of creams. That’s where injectable treatments like Bot...
How can I tighten up loose skin after losing weight?
If excessive weight is lost, then a new problem rears its head: excess skin. In this video, Dr. Oz s...
Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?