What should I look for in a daily moisturizer?

Use a daily moisturizer with SPF 30, which contains potent sunscreen ingredients such as avobenzone, zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, recommends David Bank, MD, director of The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic and Laser Surgery in Mount Kisco, NY. Use it every day—whether the forecast calls for sun or clouds. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, up to 80 percent of UV rays can pass through clouds.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

How can I treat dry hands and lips?
Recovering dry, chapped hands and lips to their normal, supple state is relatively easy. This is a g...
Why are there ethnic differences in moisturizing?
Skin types, such as oily, dry, or combination, do not differ among ethnicities. However, dryness and...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin