Should I switch my skin moisturizers for the seasons?

Debra Jaliman, MD
Dermatology

When the seasons change, you should also change your facial moisturizer; in the winter you want a heavier cream, and in warmer months you want a thinner lotion or serum. Watch dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD, describe the ingredients to look for.

Susan Evans
Dermatology
You should change any winter skin regimen that may not work as well during spring. The heavy moisturizing cream used in the winter months may be too heavy for spring. Switch to a lighter, oil-free formula instead, but still pay close attention to the skin around your eyes and mouth. Don't forget to apply sunscreen every time you leave the house.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Are lotions good for dry skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Lotions are in many ways similar to creams but they have more water. This means the vehicle is thinn...
What should I do if my skin is dry and moisturizers don't seem to work?
If your skin is noticeably dry and flaky, you may want to try exfoliating before you apply your mois...
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?