Should I switch my skin moisturizers for the seasons?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
You should change any winter skin regimen that may not work as well during spring. The heavy moisturizing cream used in the winter months may be too heavy for spring. Switch to a lighter, oil-free formula instead, but still pay close attention to the skin around your eyes and mouth. Don't forget to apply sunscreen every time you leave the house.
Debra Jaliman, MD
Dermatology

When the seasons change, you should also change your facial moisturizer; in the winter you want a heavier cream, and in warmer months you want a thinner lotion or serum. Watch dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD, describe the ingredients to look for.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

What type of facial moisturizer should I use for sensitive skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
It's wise to patch test any new product first, and you must really baby your skin. You should choose...
What do moisturizing masks do to my skin?
If a mask has active ingredients, such as anti-inflammatories or antioxidants, they might be better ...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin