Do moisturizers that absorb faster work better?

A common myth is that moisturizers that are absorbed faster are better for your skin. Moisturizer performance is based on the types of ingredients used in the formulation. Three important ingredients in a moisturizer are humectants, occlusives and emollients. Together, their properties keep the skin hydrated and healthy by holding onto water, reducing evaporation, and sealing in moisture.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

How should I moisturize my skin if I have pimples?
Because many times pimples or acne are associated with oily skin, you may wonder if you should u...
Are expensive moisturizers more effective for dry skin?
A moisturizer doesn't have to be costly to work. When looking for an affordable moisturizer, conside...
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?