What should I look for in a facial moisturizer?

Finding a moisturizer is a personal choice; you can shop at your local drug store or splurge at the department store. All I ask is that you select a scent and texture you like and a formula that has an SPF 30 or higher unless you plan to wear a separate sunscreen as well. Also look for the word noncomedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores. Oil-free may be the term used in place of noncomedogenic. Many moisturizers that have sunscreen only contain SPF 15, which is okay so long as you lather on additional protection (aim for SPF 30). There are plenty of moisturizing sunscreens out on the market that will do double duty. Eucerin’s Extra-protective Moisture Lotion for example, is a popular one (with SPF 30) that you can find at any drug store. You can also opt to buy two moisturizers: one for your face that feels lighter and one for your body that’s a little heavier.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Does a moisturizer have to be expensive to be effective?
Dermatologists agree that moisturizers do not have to be expensive to work well. Moderately-priced p...
When should moisturizer be applied?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
For people with dry skin, especially those with atopic dermatitis (eczema) I recommend moisturizing ...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin