How can I treat dry hands and lips?

Recovering dry, chapped hands and lips to their normal, supple state is relatively easy. This is a good exercise you can recall when the dead of winter hits. For hands, get yourself a pair of moisture-retaining cotton gloves (any drug or beauty store will carry these) and lather on a body lotion or hand cream before slipping into the lightweight gloves overnight. If your hands are extremely dry, you can go for a heavier formula like Burt’s Bees Hand Salve, which contains botanical oils, herbs, and beeswax in a superrich, thick paste. Other brands I like include Cutemol or Triple Cream by Summers Labs.

To tame those flaming lips, get religious about applying your favorite lip balm or gloss throughout your day, one with sunscreen. Just be sure to skip the kind that contains phenol, like Blistex. Every time you think about licking your lips (or perhaps have just done so) get out the balm. Don’t forget to apply a balm to your lips at night, too. That one doesn’t have to contain sunscreen. Solid choices: Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 or plain old Vaseline. Kiehl’s also makes a line of lip balms and glosses with sunscreen.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Can a mask super-moisturize my face and seal in hydration?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Yes, but only until it's rinsed off. Truthfully, masks are like ChapStick for your face - an occlusi...
What type of cream or lotion do I need to use for my skin?
Diana S, NASM Elite TrainerDiana S, NASM Elite Trainer
When choosing a skin care product it's important to first determine your skin type, i.e., dry, oily ...
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?