What should my daily moisturizing skin care regimen include?

The very short answer is sunscreen. You should moisturize daily with a product that includes a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or better. There are currently more and more products available with different types of sunscreening products. The most important thing is that you like the product because if you don't you won't use the moisturizer daily. Some sunscreens have a tendancy to irritated the skin especially around the eyes.  Most of these moisturizers use PABA as the active sunscreen ingredient. Today there are many different non irritating options available. A good regimen includes a nightly moisturizer that gently helps exfoliate dead skin and a morning moisturizer that helps protect your skin from the sun. 

Go back to basics. Find a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Use one that you can wear all day without knowing it, and apply it right after bathing. Incorporating a moisturizing body wash into your daily routine will keep your skin even more hydrated.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

What role do lipids play in maintaining skin moisture?
Lipids are essential building blocks found in skin's outermost layer, known as the stratum corneum. ...
What type of facial moisturizer should I use for my dry skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
The natural oils and lipids that should be in the epidermis are in short supply, so dry skin is desp...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin