How do I choose the best exfoliating mask for my skin type?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
If you prefer to use a mask for exfoliation or for brightening the skin, follow the guidelines below to find the appropriate product for your skin.

• For dry skin, use a mask with a non-drying, creamy consistency, containing oils and humectants and essential fatty acids to help hydrate and increase cellular renewal.
  • For oily skin, use a mask which hardens, is oil-free and delivers a tightening and oil-absorbing effect to help reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. 
  • For normal skin, use a combination clay creamy mask, to absorb extra sebum, hydrates the skin, exfoliates and helps maintain healthy skin tone.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Why does skin that's oily need moisturizer?
Moisture is about water, not oil. Your skin needs water in order for it to function properly and sta...
How are moisturizers for dry skin unique?
James M.. WilmottJames M.. Wilmott
 Moisturizers designed for dry skin are unique because of their composition and the concentration of...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin