What are the benefits of moisturizers with sun protection?

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics

The biggest benefit of a moisturizer with sunscreen is that people are more likely to wear daily sunscreen that way. Even though we should wear SPF30 every day, many of us do not. This combination product also has the added benefit of keeping our skin moist. Sunscreens in moisturizer or in make-up are great ideas for busy people.

Clinical research has shown that daily use of moisturizers with sun protection guard skin against harmful ultraviolet radiation, minimizing the risk of skin cancer and the effects of photoaging. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Why should I use moisturizer if my face gets oily?
All skin types - even oily skin - need a particular balance of moisture. Adding a non-comedogenic lo...
What ingredients should I look for when choosing a moisturizer?
What skin care product makes your skin look fresher and younger almost instantly, can cost under...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin