Are expensive moisturizers more effective for dry skin?

A moisturizer doesn't have to be costly to work. When looking for an affordable moisturizer, consider the most important factor: the ingredients. Ingredients that help the skin hold moisture or seal it in include hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, urea, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil and petrolatum. The best time to moisturize your skin is immediately after a shower or bath.

An unscented moisturizer or lotion containing lanolin is one of the most effective and also least expensive ways to treat dry skin. Watch the animation to learn more about dry skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

How should I moisturize my hands to keep the skin healthy?
Moisturizing your hands keeps them hydrated and less prone to water loss. Depending on the type ...
What are the different types of moisturizers?
The degree to which moisturizing products smooth, soften, and hydrate skin depends on the type. ...
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?