Although silicone is often blamed for breakouts, Dr. Kauvar says there’s no need to worry. “Silicone is non-comedogenic and shouldn’t clog pores.” Everyone’s skin reacts differently, of course, so you may need to experiment to see if silicone-packed products work for you.
- Q What is medical makeup?
- Q How can I avoid germs in my makeup bags?
- Q Are cosmetics safe?
- Q Should cosmetic companies list all the ingredients used in a cleanser?
- Q How are cosmetics regulated?
- Q What kind of makeup is best to wear while exercising?