Although silicone is often blamed for breakouts, Dr. Kauvar says there’s no need to worry. “Silicone is non-comedogenic and shouldn’t clog pores.” Everyone’s skin reacts differently, of course, so you may need to experiment to see if silicone-packed products work for you.
- Q Are the amounts of chemicals in cosmetics too small to matter?
- Q How are cosmetics regulated?
- Q Is it dangerous to use products that have lye or tallow?
- Q How do "lip plumpers" work?
- Q What can I do to prevent bacteria transmission from makeup samples?
- Q Is it safe to use vibrating mascara products?