Although silicone is often blamed for breakouts, Dr. Kauvar says there’s no need to worry. “Silicone is non-comedogenic and shouldn’t clog pores.” Everyone’s skin reacts differently, of course, so you may need to experiment to see if silicone-packed products work for you.
- Q Should cosmetic companies list all the ingredients used in a cleanser?
- Q What's a cheaper alternative to makeup remover?
- Q Where can I get cosmetics at a fraction of department-store costs?
- Q What lipstick shade should I use if I have yellow teeth?
- Q What irritating or harmful ingredients are present in cosmetics?
- Q What can I do to prevent bacteria transmission from makeup samples?