Are the amounts of chemicals in cosmetics too small to matter?

Most personal care products contain large volumes of chemicals, both natural and synthetic. Some ingredients may be benign, but some that have been proven to be harmful are still on the market. There’s often little safety research on cosmetics, so potential hazards have not been identified. Products can be sold for years before science catches up, especially since manufacturers are not required to assess the health risks of their products. And most importantly: No one can really assess the safety of your cumulative exposures to cosmetic ingredients.

Continue Learning about Skin & Makeup/Cosmetics Use

Worst Case Scenario: Sleeping With Makeup On
At the end of a long day, it’s all too easy to skip a step in your nighttime routine and go to sleep without washing your face. But you may be doing m...
What are cosmetics?
Cosmetics are products people use to cleanse or change the look of the face or body.Cosmetic product...
How can I protect myself against the dangers of cosmetics?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Following are some of the ways to protect yourself against the dangers of cosmetics: Never drive...
Are Oxygen Skin Care Products As Effective As Oxygen Facials?