Why is my scab so itchy?

Your scab may feel itchy because of the healing process going on beneath it. The skin below your scab begins to heal with the help of white blood cells. When the skin is healed, the scab will fall off. This usually happens within a week or two.

Continue Learning about Skin Injury

Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Whether it’s the result of a minor kitchen mishap or a more serious accident, almost everyone has at least a scar or two. But while some injuries seem...
Can skin injuries be prevented?
The best way to prevent a skin injury is to take extraordinary care when you are performing tasks th...
What are the newest biological skin substitutes?
Brian Evans, MDBrian Evans, MD
Engineered tissue from pigs, intestines and even neonatal foreskin is often used in skin grafts, say...
How do I manage my skin injury on a daily basis?
Managing your skin injury starts with keeping it clean in order to avoid infection or tetanus. To cl...