Should I talk to my doctor about skin injury symptoms?

In the case of minor burns, skin injury symptoms do not need to be treated by a doctor. However, in some cases, a doctor is needed to treat your skin injury. For instance, if you develop a keloid-an overgrown scar-you will need your doctor's help to remove it. While they generally do not cause medical problems, keloids can be aesthetically unpleasing and can, occasionally, limit mobility.

If you have a severe burn, you will also need to see a doctor for treatment. In fact, serious burns, large burns, or burns on sensitive areas of your body should be treated by emergency personnel.

Continue Learning about Skin Injury

Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Whether it’s the result of a minor kitchen mishap or a more serious accident, almost everyone has at least a scar or two. But while some injuries seem...
When should I see a doctor about a wound?
There are several signs that may help you to know when you should see a doctor about your wound. The...
What is a laceration (cut)?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A laceration is a cut in the skin, which commonly is caused by a sharp object, such as a knife, scis...
What are signs of a skin infection?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
You usually will be able to recognize the early signs of infection. The area around the wound be...