How do I prevent skin bleeding when I wear a bra with a wire?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
You may require a change of bra types to reduce bleeding from the under wire of the bra. In fact, a softer bra without underwire may allow for healing and alleviate the painful wounds along the inframammary fold.

Continue Learning about Skin Injury

Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Can You Make Scars Go Away?
Whether it’s the result of a minor kitchen mishap or a more serious accident, almost everyone has at least a scar or two. But while some injuries seem...
What are signs of a skin infection?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
You usually will be able to recognize the early signs of infection. The area around the wound be...
What is an avulsion?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
An avulsion is a serious soft-tissue injury. It happens when a portion of the skin, and sometimes ot...
What causes skin trauma?
Trauma to skin can be caused by a variety of factors, including the use of harsh skin cleansers, ove...