Which skin diseases can I get because of my pregnancy?

Hyperpigmentation, which means darkening of the skin, is a common side effect of pregnancy. PUPPP, or pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a rash that appears on the stomach, usually late in the pregnancy. Its causes are still unknown, but it usually clears up within two weeks of giving birth. A less common disease, occurring in only .002 percent of pregnancies, is pemphigoid gestationis. This autoimmune disorder results in dark splotches on the stomach and can affect the pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Hidradenitis Suppurativa: How to Keep a Symptom Journal
If you’re living with a chronic condition like Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), you know how challenging the management of it can be. From figuring out ...
How can I avoid getting Darier-White Disease if it runs in my family?
Darier-White disease (also known as Darier disease) is caused by a faulty gene. If Darier-White ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?