When should I see a doctor for itchy and dry skin?

In most cases, dry skin and itching can be taken care of with simple home remedies. However, if the dryness and itching get worse, you should consult your doctor. Skin rashes, increased irritation, cuts or sores might be signs of a more serious condition.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
What should I know about caring for someone with a viral skin infection?
Depending on what the viral skin infection is, you may or may not need to care directly for someone ...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?
What Can I Do About My Stretch Marks?