When is an itchy rash on the hands and feet a symptom of a skin disorder?

An itchy rash that occurs on both the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet may be caused by hand, foot, and mouth disease, a common, temporary skin condition caused by the coxsackievirus that causes small itchy blisters on the hands and feet. It is often accompanied by a sore throat and fever. Other skin conditions that affect the skin of the hands and feet include dyshidrosis, psoriasis, eczema, fungal diseases, and allergic and irritant dermatitis. Chapped fissures on feet caused by sweaty sock dermatitis can also spread to the hands.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?
What Causes Bumps on Fingers?