When can pityriasis versicolor become serious?

Pityriasis versicolor can become more serious if it is untreated. With the proper treatment, the yeast that causes this common skin infection is easy to control, and the infection can be eliminated. Without treatment, pityriasis versicolor can spread and cover a greater portion of your skin.

An accurate diagnosis and treatment plan are the first steps toward clearing up pityriasis versicolor and moving toward good skin health. Talk with your doctor or dermatologist about any skin issues or rashes that may itch or become scaly. Effective treatment options are available.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Understanding Severity
Atopic dermatitis is a skin condition that affects people of all ages, and is fairly common among children and teenagers. The majority of people who h...
What can a doctor do for seborrheic keratoses?
A doctor will not usually recommend removing seborrheic keratoses, which are growths that appear...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?