When should I go back to the doctor about my pityriasis rosea?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Once a person has been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea, the usual course is to take care of the itching and wait for it to go away. Occasionally, the symptoms will persist or change in an unusual way. If the rash hasn't gone away in 12 weeks or so, you should have it checked by a doctor. Also, if the rash area is very large and flaky, you'll want to go back to the doctor.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
5 Treatment Options for Chronic Hives
Treating chronic hives can be challenging, and different treatments work for different people. Learn about five different treatment options that you m...
Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?