What could make my skin look dull and gray?

If your skin doesn’t seem to “glow” the way it used to, it may be a red flag for kidney problems. Ordinarily, your kidneys filter wastes and excess fluids from your blood, which are then excreted in your urine. When chronic kidney failure reaches an advanced stage, dangerous levels of fluid, electrolytes, and wastes can accumulate in your body. The "good" news is that kidney problems can cause anemia, which will lead to a gray-skin warning sign. If you notice your skin looking duller than usual, be sure to check in with your doctor.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
What can I do about flaking on my eyelids?
Gary S. Hirshfield, MDGary S. Hirshfield, MD
The flaking along the eyelid margins comes from secretions from oil secreting glands near the eyelas...
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis6 Things That Can Worsen Atopic Dermatitis
Dry temperatures, chemicals and other atopic dermatitis triggers to avoid.
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?