What skin disorder caused the small, pus-filled bumps on my chest?

One possibility for small, pus-filled bumps on your chest is that you've developed folliculitis. This common condition occurs when hair follicles become infected and inflamed. One specific form of this condition is called pityrosporum folliculitis. It's caused by a yeast infection and typically produces red, itchy bumps on the chest or back. This form of folliculitis is most common in male teens and adults.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Tips for Talking to a Doctor About Embarrassing HS Symptoms
Hidradenitis (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis) suppurativa (sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh), or HS, is an inflammatory skin disorder. HS causes painful, inflamed lesions tha...
How do I find a support group for a skin condition?
If you would like to join a support group for people who have your skin condition, ask your doct...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Aggravates Rosacea?
What Aggravates Rosacea?