What skin concerns should I ask my doctor about?

Ask your doctor any questions you have about the health of your skin. If you have any symptoms, such as swelling, redness, itching, or burning, point them out. Ask your doctor to evaluate any suspicious growths or spots on your skin. For example, if you have a mole or other growth that has changed shape, is bleeding, or has altered in appearance in any way, show it to your doctor. Talk to your doctor, too, about your history of tanning and how it may affect your risk of skin cancer. 

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Link Between Atopic Dermatitis and Food Allergies
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD or eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by red, irritated and itchy patches of skin. While ther...
What are the tests for erythema nodosum?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
Erythema nodosum (E. nodosum) is an uncommon condition. It appears as tender red bumps on the legs, ...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?